FSE Cloud Classroom
FSE Cloud Classroom is a virtual environment hosted in the cloud that provides Fulton students immediate access to software used in many Fulton Engineering courses directly from a browser window.
Quick Start Essentials
Why should I use this tool?
How do I access the FSE Cloud Classroom?
What are the system requirements for FSE Cloud Classroom?
What software is available in FSE Cloud Classroom?
How can I Get Help?
Launching Apps from Apporto
After logging in to Apporto, select the App Store tab on the left hand Navigation bar. Locate the desired app or desktop and click Launch. The selected app or desktop will open in a new browser tab.
When you first login to Apporto, it may take up to 30 seconds to launch an app. This is because your profile is being created. After this, applications will launch much faster, typically between 7-15 seconds.
Some applications (e.g. Persistent Virtual Machines) may take a few minutes to launch, because the server needs to start before the application can be launched. In these cases, a popup will notify you when the server is starting. Starting a server typically takes 1-2 minutes.
About the MenuThe available options are displayed as icons in the top menu bar.
- Change Display Mode
- Select Fullscreen in the top menu bar to toggle the display to full-screen mode.
- Select Exit Fullscreen in the menu bar or press the <Esc> key to return the display to normal mode.
In full-screen mode, the top menu bar is hidden by default. Hover your cursor at the top edge of your browser to reveal the menu.
- Upload / Download Files
- Select File Upload in the menu bar to upload a file from your computer to the Apporto desktop.
- Select File Download in the menu bar to download a file from Apporto to your computer.
- Save or Restore a Snapshot
- Select Snapshots in the menu bar to save or restore a “snapshot” of your files.
- Share Your Screen
- Select Share Screen to share your screen with another user and collaborate in the current session.
- Open Messenger
- Select Messenger to open and use Messenger.
- Use Multiple Monitors
- When you select Multi Monitor a new browser tab will open. Simply drag it to another monitor and resize as needed. You must launch the desktop in Multi Monitor Mode in order to see the Multi Monitor icon in the menu.
- Turn Sound On/Off
- Select Sound to turn sound on or off.
- Select Settings to view microphone and clipboard browser settings.
Additional Student Guides for Using Apporto
Enable Access to Apporto (Faculty Instructions)
- Log into Canvas and click on Settings. Under the Navigation List, drag the “Apporto Visual Lab” option up to the visible options as shown in the picture below. Scroll to the bottom and hit save.
- Now you should see “Apporto Virtual Lab” listed in your navigation list on the left-hand side of your screen as shown below. Please click this link to configure access for your class (If you do not click this link access will not be provided automatically). Clicking this link automatically gives permissions to your students to the general windows and our GPU windows desktop environments.
- Your students should see a screen similar to the one below and they can launch the desktops they need for your course. If you do not see any desktops available or need additional access (Mac, Linux environments) please submit a ticket here:
Additional Faculty Guides for Using Apporto
The software shown below is available to all students when you login to FSE Cloud Classroom and launch an Apporto Desktop. You will see additional software available (not shown below) if you are enrolled in certain engineering courses. Your professor will let you know if you have access to these additional software.