Getting temporary administrative access
- Search for “Software Center”
- Find Configure Pc: Enable Administrator Access (scroll through or use the search bar)
- Install the program
- A pop-up should come up that appears as fallows
- Select the length of time to gain administrative access
- Also state the reason for requesting access
More Detailed info here: https://ets.engineering.asu.edu/elevate-admin/
To enable remote desktop on the computer you want to connect to:
- Click the start menu and type “This PC” in the search bar.
- Right click on it and select “Properties.”
- Once the System window is open, select “Remote Settings” on the right-hand side.
- Navigate to the “Remote” tab within the System Properties window and check the box that says “Allow remote connections to this computer.”
- For added security, check the box that says “Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication.” This will prevent users outside the network from connecting to the computer.
- Apply the changes and exit.
To connect to a computer remotely:
- Click the Start menu and type “Remote Desktop Connection” in the search bar. Select it from the list.
- In the Remote Desktop Connection window, type the name or IP address of the computer you would like to connect to. You can find the name or IP address of the computer by entering “hostname” or “ipconfig” into Command Prompt on the computer you would like to connect to, respectively.
- After you enter the proper IP address or hostname, you will be prompted to enter your user (ASURITE) credentials and you will be connected to the machine remotely.