How to get Office 365 for faculty and staff, download, and activate
Due to a licensing agreement between UTO and Microsoft, faculty and staff will have to pay only $15 to obtain a desktop version of Office. The process to obtain a license is done through using OnTheHub, a service provided in kind to all ASU faculty, staff, and students.
Note: There are 2 different versions of Office available for purchase from OnTheHub based upon the operating system of your personal computer(s) and only allows for each desktop installation to be installed on 1 device. For example, only choose Office Home & Business 2019 if you intend on installing for a Mac device and Office Professional Plus 2019 if you intend on installing for a Windows device. You can choose either Office Home & Business 2019
The 2 different versions of Office available for download consist of the following:
Reference the following steps to obtain Office for faculty and staff:
- Visit OnTheHub and login with your ASURITE username and ASU password (if not currently logged in) and answer any Duo security prompts (two factor authentication).
- Click on the Faculty option and then Find your school (you will be redirected to bottom of page).
- From here, search for ASU by putting United States as the country, Arizona as the state, Arizona State University as the school, and choosing the first mention of Arizona State University as the department (before the option for Arizona State University – Biomedical Informatics).
- Click on Log in to your Arizona State University WebStore to view all of your available offerings to be redirected to the appropriate storefront.
- Click on the Faculty/Staff tab to be redirected to the storefront for faculty and staff (Note: Please login with your ASURITE username and ASU password if you are not currently logged in)
- Next, click on Professional Plus 2019 or Office Home & Business 2019 ONLY if you intend on installing on a Windows computer or click on Office Home & Business 2019 ONLY if you intend on installing on a Mac computer
- Upon selecting your item(s), click on the Add to Cart option to proceed to checkout
- After your order(s) have been successfully placed, you should receive an email from Kivuto (OnTheHub) at your ASU staff email with details on how to download and activate Office on your personal computer
- If you encounter any activation issues upon opening the desktop version of Office, reference the below image (courtesy of Microsoft) and enter in your ASURITE username and ASU password.