ETS Information Technology Support
Strong Password Guidelines
- Should contain at least 8 characters
- Should contain characters from at least 3 of the 4 groups:
– upper case letters
– lower case letters
– special characters (!@#$%^&*()_+, etc).
- Should not contain any part of the user’s username or full name.
- Should not be a common word that can be found in a dictionary.
- Should not be based on personal information such as: birth date, home town, pet’s name, phone, social security number, etc.
- Should never use a detectable pattern, like 12345, nnnn, qwerty, etc.
- Should never use a proper noun.
- Should never be shared or revealed to anyone else.